Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ketchup

Something kind of funny happened today.  My sister helped serve food at a community function.  She was responsible to bring salad and condiments for hot dogs.  Since we buy everything at Trader Joe's, we bought the ketchup, mustard, and dressing there.  We bought Trader Joe's Goddess Dressing which is about the best dressing you have ever tasted.  Although, we were slightly worried people would be scared off when they didn't see the standard ranch on the table. 

Sure enough, everyone kept asking what the Goddess dressing was all about and my sister would answer that there are no words to describe it.  They would have to try it. Some would stare at it, before hesitantly pouring it on their naked salads.  That's right.  Bravo.  Trying something new today.  You're not going to die.

What got even more looks and comments was the Organic Ketchup.  As soon as someone sees the word Organic that means it's healthy, which to some people means danger this might taste weird and I might die due to lack of chemically processed, sugar added ketchup.  Is it that big of deal?  Does it taste that much different?  No.  One guy even commented on how he thought tomatoes tasted like tomatoes, so what's with this organic stuff.  Excuse me, my eyes just naturally roll out of my head when I hear something ridiculous. 

The comments didn't end there.  As they were eating, one lady even asked, "What is a Trader Joe?" Someone answered, "I think it's a restaurant."  WHAT?! 

Our day had new meaning just by introducing a few people to Trader Joe's and making them eat something organic.  I'm sure we made quite an impression.  They all survived and hopefully will tell the tale of that restaurant, Trader Joe's.  Where have these people been living under a rock?

4 comments:

Megs said...

I have a friend who feels that organic ketchup is not to be trusted. Which I find to be ridiculous. Also, was this community event in Tucson? Because I thought everyone in Tucson was a bunch of crunchy granolas. We have more Trader Joes/Sunflower Markets/Whole Foods than anywhere EVER.

Taylor said...

Yes this was in Tucson! I couldn't believe it. I felt like I was back in the Midwest for a minute.

kat @ paper doll theory said...

if my mom didn't live in LA i wouldnt know what trader joe's is! i live in houston and unfortunately, we dont have one...yet! im hoping some will pop up in texas soon
love kat
www.paperdolltheory.com

Adelaide said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...