Friday, June 24, 2011

But It's a Dry Heat...

When outside literally feels like you are walking into an oven, it is ideal to decide not to go outside.  I don't know about you, but my oven is the least comfortable place in my house.  I'm not about to go and chill near it or in it.  Unless you decide to stock up and go underground for six long months, you are going to have to, dare I say it, brave the heat.



There are a few things you can do to help you cool off.  

1) Eat Raspados everyday!  If you have never heard of this Mexican dessert, you are missing out.  It consists of shaved ice, fresh fruit of your choice, ice cream, and lechera.  It'll cool you right down and is so refreshing.  Okay, so I haven't had these everyday, because that would be wrong.  Just every other day.  Don't look at me like that.  It's hot out there!  

2) Go to the movies.  It is the only place that you will truly feel cold.  Even stores do not feel cool.  The air conditioning can't even beat the heat.  Heat - 1 Air conditioning - 0 

3) Get a pool.  Make friends with someone who has a pool.  Stake out a pool and go in when no one is looking.  If all else fails, lay in one of those little kiddie plastic pools.  There are also a few patches of grass where they have sprinkler systems.  Go there.  No one will think anything of a person relaxing as the sprinklers are going off.  Completely normal.  You can always just ask a friend to spray you down with a hose.  There's always that.  

4) After a long day out in the heat, lay down on some tile floor.  Tile. Cold. Tile. Good.  Apparently, the heat fries brains cells as well.  At the end of the day, you will only be able to muster up words with one syllable. 

Now on a positive note, the summer nights here are bearable and can be quite lovely.  As soon as that blasting sun goes away, it's not all that bad.  There isn't sweat dripping down your legs anymore, so that's always a good thing.

The other night we met up with some friends and had a great time, even sitting out on the patio while eating our raspados {see number 1}.  Then we went back to their house and played games all night.  Hooray for friends and new hilarious games!

This summer isn't turning out so bad.  


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love summer!!!
Compliments for your blog!!!
I like it!!!
A big kiss...Miriam

Fashion Crazy Ball:
http://fashioncrazyball.blogspot.com

Ramsey said...

You completely cracked me up. I had to read this to someone because I swear you are reading my mind. It is sooooo hot here!

Taylor said...

Ha! That made my day. Glad to know other people are suffering through the summer heat as well. I'm not alone. Or should I say I'm sorry! ;)

Megs said...

I just told my family back in St. Louis yesterday that I have decided that showering is a waste of water because the clean feeling is rendered obsolete within 3 seconds of walking out your front door. UGH!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...