Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Le Sigh


Found on a number of my favorite blogs.  Here and Here
 "Go places and do things and travel lighter."  Sometimes I hear stories of people who just make things happen.  They go and do without cares and somehow they make it work.  It might not always be the easy route, but oh the stories they have to tell.  I feel like I've always been responsible, thinking everything through before acting on it.  Right now, I have to keep reminding myself of the things I have done in the past few years.  Four years ago was my first trip to Europe, then there was New York, Toronto, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, San Francisco twice, Portland, all in four short years.  That's not too bad a list.  Somehow this year has made me forget.  There seems to be such a distance between those places and where I am right now.  I don't mean to be all whiny, but I just don't feel like it's enough.  Please tell me how crazy I am to feel this way.  This yearning is deep and not easily thrown aside.  If you don't want to tell me how crazy I am, I'm taking suggestions for how to make money while traveling or living in another country. 

In the meantime, I'm taking these lovely words to heart.

1 comment:

withoutizy said...

Hmm! If you want to go, go! Long term travel is much cheaper than jumping away for a few week holiday - on a weekly basis, anyway.

I want to figure out how to be rich while traveling haha so i can do it always. www.nerdynomad.com is pretty inspiring :-)

I'm jealous you've been to san fran!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...