Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fashion is a Tricky Thing

Here's the post where I talk about fashion, because I am your regular fashionista.  I just stopped wearing huge baggy sweatshirts and I was totally all over the overall trend.  They were all the rage back when I was 12.  I've finally learned to style my wavy hair.  Until about a year ago, my hair was half little odd waves half straight bits which is all a hot mess.  I've learned a lot over the years.  My awkward stage lasted long beyond the teenage years.  Builds character.  I find myself surprisingly presentable these days.  That is why I have the authority to tell you what's what in fashion. 

Have you seen the blouses, skirts, shorts, and pretty much every article of clothing you could possibly imagine with animal prints on them?  I'm not talking leopard print {rawr}. There are birds, cats, foxes, giraffes, elephants, bunnies, pandas, english bulldogs, ligers, the more obscure the animal the better!  Now, I like these.  Nice amount of quirk and interest without going over the top.  Since I like them they must be fashionable.  See first paragraph.  You almost can't go wrong, unless there were by some slight chance a pair of harem pants with animal print.  Harem pants will always be wrong no matter the adorable animal print, unless it was leopard print, cause that would be hot. 

Elephants
Foxes - Forever 21

I read an article on the interwebs awhile ago.  It was some sort of survey saying that guys find girls who have an animal printed on their shirt or something to that effect attractive.  And as we all know, if we read it on the Internet, it must be true.  This is an interesting concept.  Although, this does not justify some terrible fashion faux pas that occur with animals on clothing.

For example, a screen print of your most precious dog on a big oversized T-shirt.  If you are a person who would buy such a shirt, you will probably be holding your little toy poodle while wearing that same toy poodle proudly across your chest.  Unless you are extremely hot or extremely hilarious, you cannot pull this look off.  Put down the phone and put down that horrible catalog. Better yet shred it.  It's fun to shred things.  

Also, those wolf sweatshirts, again probably only if you are gorgeous or hilarious.  That means no bueno for most of us average homo sapiens.  That will get the guys and any normal person running in the opposite direction, me thinks.  If the wolves are howling at the moon and have smoke billowing around them with a dream catcher, well you get the picture.

Hilarious!  
There you have it.  Some of my thoughts on fashion.

Speaking of crazy eyed, animal lovers...



You're welcome! 

5 comments:

LL said...

.....................this post just makes me want to buy some overalls

Taylor said...

Good. Because that was exactly my point. (shakes head) nah...

meg fee said...

ha ha! unless you are extremely hot or extremely hilarious indeed! well said, well said.

Whim Wham Life said...

You're an expert! Love it! That cat massage lady is just too much, I can't even handle it:-) xoxo

ms. sophistifunk said...

i love the foxes shirt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...