Monday, August 1, 2011

Stood-Up

Maybe you could help explain something for me.  I'm the type of girl who usually replies when people invite me to do something.  If I say yes, I usually stick to my plan.  {I say usually, because I try to avoid saying the words always or never, because then you will inevitably watch for the day I contradict myself by doing said thing I said I would never do and you will secretly judge me for it.} Even if something else that might seemingly be a better option comes along, I'm committed to my first plan.  Or if there is a completely legitimate reason why I cannot make it, I will try to let that person I had plans with know so that they are not wondering where I am.  Would they even wonder?  Is this just me?

I'm not talking about dates.  I'm talking about just making plans with friends.  The friends said that they were going to be there.  Then they are not there.  They are probably just running late.  They couldn't decide on what to wear.  Traffic.  Maybe there was a car accident.  Maybe they were in a car accident.

Where are you?


No answer.  Are they dead somewhere?  Laying in a hospital bed with no one to comfort them.  Do they see their phone ringing, but can't move their arms to pick it up and say I'm not coming because I can't move my arms?  What could cause them to not send a simple text message to say I can't make it.  Change of plans.  *enter lame excuse here*  Is it weird that I am at all concerned about them?  I don't lose sleep over it, because it's happened before and it will happen again.  Still if they were in my position, would they not care if I was M.I.A.?

Then to top it all off, you see your friend a week later and they say, "Oh yeah, I saw you're text message.  I was laughing.  You were looking for me, huh?"  I'm glad you thought it was funny.

It's just this flippant disregard that saddens me.  I don't think it's intentional, but I don't think they think. And honestly sometimes I just don't get it.  Maybe I care too much?  I need to get a life so I'm too self absorbed to care about what other people do?

No.  I'm happy the way I am and I'll never try not to change.

1 comment:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww...poor thing. I would be hurt and offended if a friend of mine didn't bother to text me to say they couldn't make it or something. I mean if I couldn't make it I would automatically let someone know. I wouldn't want them waiting for nothing. I wish some people had manners or even common sense to know that you can't just not let someone know that you have other plans, that it is rude to have someone waiting for you and not show up. tsk tsk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...